Hello, I was made aware of this project from a friend. I’m a retired Tech Writer and Tester, so I went through this on a superficial level. I don’t know if I will have the talents to do do anything further, but I thought I’d pass it along. Use it as desired. – Laurie Hamilton
- Direct all donation links/buttons to one unique page, with a clear indication of which of the three organizations that the donation will be supporting (OpenEMR, OMER, or OpenCollective.
- The following are the three examples of the current issues and points of confusion.
- The contribution methodology should be fixed. The Paypal link is broken.
- All pages/wikis/forums should be directed to one centralized form-based payment location to create a database of donors, and to clarify the difference between OpenEMR, OMER, and OpenCollective.
- This OEMR page http://www.oemr.org also has a donate button.
- This Paypal button/link doesn’t work, plus it adds to the confusion between OpenEMR, OMER, and OpenCollective.
- On this page, the donations are collected on a form, (not Paypal) https://opencollective.com/openemr#about, however the name is no longer OpenEMR or OMER — it is now “OpenCollective.”
- “OpenCollective” displays a very low amount of money. Is there a different source of funding that donors should know about in order to increase their confidence?
That is all. Please use these suggestions as desired.
Contributed by Laurie Hamilton, Feb 2018